Building construction inspections are conducted at the request of UCF project managers or the associated contractors. The inspections are reviewed for compliance with the Florida Building Code.
Inspections are scheduled with the appropriate agency, listed in the upper right-hand corner of your Building Permit.
UCF inspections are scheduled by email with the inspector listed.
Consultant inspections are scheduled through our online system located here:
Routine inspections are performed during the normal business hours of 8:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday and must be requested by 4:00 PM two (2) business days prior to the requested date. Non-business hour and holiday inspections are available and must be requested with as much advanced notice as possible, but at a minimum are submitted by 4:00 PM three (3) business days prior to the requested date, and must be confirmed in advance with the inspection representative. The holidays observed with respect to BCO construction inspection schedules are listed below.
Emergency inspections not meeting the minimum advance notice required are also available. Contact the appropriate agency to coordinate directly with the inspection representative to make prior arrangements, and then follow the appropriate scheduling procedure above.. Re-inspections for failed requests, holiday, emergency, and all other non-routine inspections are subject to additional fees as shown below in the inspection rate table. These fees are not included in the original permit fee and must be paid in advance.
2019 Observed holidays for BCO construction inspection scheduling:
- New Year’s Day Monday, January 1
- Martin Luther King’s Birthday Monday, January 21
- Memorial Day Monday, May 27
- Independence Day Wednesday, July 4
- Labor Day Monday, September 2
- Veteran’s Day Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day Thursday, November 28
- Day after Thanksgiving Friday, November 29
- Christmas Eve Monday, December 24
- Christmas Tuesday, December 25
Inspection Rate Table
|Re-inspection of a Failed Inspection||$150.00|
|Emergency||$117.00 per hour (2-hour minimum)|
|Holiday||$117.00 per hour (2-hour minimum)|
|Non-Business Hour||$117.00 per hour (2-hour minimum)|
Checks to be made payable to SAFEBuilt.
Instructions for the Inspection Request System
- Select the Building Permit Database.
- On the top of the database page, you’ll see a button labeled Inspection Request. Select the Inspection Request button and follow the simple instructions. You will need the permit number to quickly access the form. The permit number is located on your yellow permit card. It is the primary identifier for viewing the database.
- When you have completed the form; click the submit button and you are done! The form will automatically be sent to the inspector’s office for scheduling. A copy will also be sent to the Building Code Office as a back-up.