Industrial Waste Water
The University of Central Florida has procedures, best management practices, and training in place to minimize pollutants from entering the wastewater. UCF laboratories are trained to properly handle and dispose of hazardous chemicals.
- Collect all chemical waste for disposal through the EHS.
- Drain disposal of laboratory chemicals is restricted in the followings cases:
- More than de minimis (residual) amounts of RCRA hazardous waste from rinsing empty containers or cleaning glassware or
- Any amount of RCRA acutely hazardous (p-listed) hazardous waste or
- Those that exceed the local pollutant limits set by the City of Orlando Chapter 30.03 Pretreatment of Wastewater