How do I request a chemical(s) from ReChem?
Just send us an email. In the subject line, type “ReChem Request”. Be sure to include your name, contact number, lab information (building and room), PI’s name, the bar code number, name and amount of the chemical(s) you are requesting. Your request will be processed and your chemical(s) will arrive within 7 business days. If you have any questions, please call (407) 823-3307 or send us an email.
What are the criteria for ReChem?
In order to maintain the quality and ensure conformance with the program’s objectives and goals, chemicals accepted into the program must meet the following criteria:
- Only UCF personnel can offer or accept chemicals.
- The recipient must have the knowledge, training, and facilities to safely use the chemicals.
- Chemicals should be in their original containers, be of uniform color, and in good condition. (Secondary containers will only be accepted if chemical name, date, and purity are clearly labeled.)
- All chemicals must be inspected by Environmental Health and Safety personnel for deterioration before being offered for redistribution.
- To ensure the safety of personnel and environmental regulatory compliance, restricted chemicals are prohibited from redistribution.
Faculty and staff are responsible for the proper use and disposal of chemicals as indicated by UCF’s Environmental Health and Safety in accordance with chemical and Lab Safety guidelines and requirements.
If your chemical does not meet the criteria, please visit the Hazardous Waste page for more information about Hazardous Waste Pick Up.
How do I donate chemical(s) to ReChem?
Chemical donations are greatly appreciated. Be sure that your chemical(s) fits the criteria for acceptance into the redistribution program. If your chemical meets the criteria, submit a waste pick-up request with “chemicals-Unused” selected. Place your donation in your Satellite Accumulation Area (SAA), and Environmental Health and Safety will pick up your donation within 14 business days.